The evolving landscape of global healthcare has resulted in a number of challenges.
The Life Sciences companies (Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Devices & Diagnostics) are continuously facing challenges including product patent expiration, generic competition, increasing costs, regulatory pressures, pricing and reimbursement challenges. Hence industry is inclined to adjust their sales & marketing organization to these rapidly changing environment. AW’s high end analytical solutions with industry expertise can help deliver unique & innovative solutions to our clients which provide our clients advantage over its competitors.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
helps senior leadership addresses key commercial questions by unlocking predictive and prescriptive business insights from client’s datasets
- Customer needs, channel preference and behaviors are evolving. Could we develop customer centric multi channel marketing strategy to drive brand performance?
- How could we leverage local influencers to maximize ROI for promotional events?
- With tight budget, how could we allocate marketing spend across tactics to maximize revenue?
- Need to strengthen brand loyalty. Which customer segments should be the target of retention activities?
- With multi-billion sales and Advertising & Promotion (A&P) budget, senior leadership wants to know the optimal budget allocation across promoted brands and regions?
- Could we optimize sales force detailing effort at customer level to improve brand performance?
- How could we link key accounts with target physicians to maximize rep potential?
- What is the optimal sales force size and structure, and product bag?
Patient / RWE Questions
- Finding undiagnosed patients is a challenge for rare diseases. What are the leading indicators of diagnosis (Dx), treatment (Tx) and procedure (Px)?
- Complex patient journey across drug classes. Based on patient journey for a chronic or complex disease, what are the potential drivers, opportunities and risks?
- How big is the market for our launch brand across lines (1st/2nd/3rd) of therapy?
- Complex specialty care patient journey touches patient hub, SP and clinical care teams. Are we maximizing patient initiations and retention?
Managed Market Questions
- Rebates impacts gross to net (GTN). How do we optimize payor contracting strategy for the best returns on rebates?
- Payors with large number of lives can impact brand performance. What is the impact of access limitations or improved access on long-term brand performance?
- What contracting strategies should we adopt for each payer segment to maximize brand performance?
- What is the impact, pros and cons of value based contracting approach? Big investment in co-pay and adherence programs – Are they yielding the desired ROI?
AI & Machine Learning
AW’s expertise in AI & Machine Learning has helped clients inform and shape commercial strategies
- Identifying Patient Journey Using Claims, Specialty Pharmacy, EMR, APLD data
- Predicting newly diagnosed diabetic Patients
- Predictors of Moving to Diabetes Therapy if Already Diagnosed
- Predictors of Moving to Insulin Therapy from Oral Therapies
- Predicting incidence of rare disease (<3000 patients in US) from a population of over 1 million patients
- Using Deep analytics to identify patients who are at higher risk of potential hospital admission (HA), ER Visit & Re-Admission (HRA).
- Improve Compliance / Adherence & Persistency rates from patient data
- Likelihood of Adoption / Grower Analysis using ML for Buy n Bill Brand
- Channel Propensity / Message Content Propensity Model for a large pharma client
PHYSICIAN NETWORK INFLUENCE MAPPING
AW has created a propriety algorithm to identify key physician (influencers & their associated influencees) targets from various datasets. We use claims data, publicly available data (CMS, Clinical Trials, US census), social data, bibliographic data to identify the influencers (KOL, Speakers) & the associated influencees.
THIS CAN HELP:
- Prioritize targets & create a personalized targeting strategy for influencers
- Create a strategy for efficient penetration into the market using the network
- Help Identify KOL & speakers from list of influencers
Our team of analytics experts have studied the impact that different stakeholders can have on product usage and demand. We use combination of patient-centric segmentation, physician / account level segmentation and payer segmentation to help you understand your customer better.
THIS CAN HELP:
- Identify distinct, targetable, and actionable segments.
- Profile segments based on key characteristics (needs, interests, behaviors, challenges, attitudes, demographics) that define segments
- Using custom scoring algorithms, assign out-of-universe customers to segments for tailored marketing campaigns
- Create customized messaging strategy for each segment
PHYSICIAN TARGETING, FF SIZING & ALIGNMENT
Our experts integrate segmentation, resource optimization and workload build-up to help our customers achieve accuracy and efficiency in their call planning processes.
- Increased market penetration through identification of distinct, targetable, and actionable segments
- A customized targeting strategy for selected segments with targeted messaging & focused promotional tactics (Sales Force, NPP, etc.)
- Optimized call plans based on detail responsiveness
- Optimum field force required to promote all brands
PATIENT AND PAYER LEVEL ANALYTICS
It is important for pharmaceutical companies to understand patient characteristics and market hurdles for their brands and what promotion strategies can be leveraged to effectively engage with various decision makers in the healthcare system. We help you achieve these business objectives:
- Uncover treatment patterns
- Segment and target patients
- Understand patient composition and characteristics – persistency, switches, line of therapy, life time value
- Gain more insights on physicians and refine targeting/messaging
- Understand influence of managed care on brand performance
- Segment and target payers
- Manage accounts and plan resources
- Determine terms of payer contracting, ROI of contracts
- Optimize rebate strategies
SALES FORCE OPTIMIZATION
Our Advanced Analytics & optimization experts use physician / account level sales force optimization to help you maximize the impact of your sales force.
WE CAN HELP YOU:
- Measure the impact of Sales Force on bottom line sales & profit
- Optimize sales force effort at the physician / account level
- Design optimal call plan at the physician / account level
- Maintain higher decile writers and physicians / accounts
- Reallocate details from lower responsive to higher responsive physicians / accounts
- Align Territories based on optimal call plans
CONTRACT / REBATE OPTIMIZATION
Using advanced analytics (deep leaning techniques), we can quantify the impact of rebates & help optimize the contracting strategy at the Plan level. AW uses advanced analytics and deep learning models to quantify the impact of rebates and help optimize your contracting strategy.
THIS CAN HELP:
- Project revenue and rebates on Contracted Access vs. Non-Contracted Access
- Calculate Expected ROI from Contract for each brand within the Portfolio & by each Payer
- Optimize Rebates (Discounts) across various Payers (& Plans)
- Analyzing “what-if” scenarios to assess likely profitability to different contract access at Plan level for its portfolio
MULTI CHANNEL RESOURCE ALLOCATION
Using econometric modeling, we determine the promotional response for various marketing channels which help our clients optimally allocate their marketing spend.
WE CAN HELP YOU:
- Measure the impact of key marketing channels on revenue
- Understand and estimate channel synergies
- Optimize marketing investment decisions to maximize profit
- Increase the effectiveness of marketing programs
- Analyze the impact of new entrants and competitors’ advertising
- Forecast based on simulated marketing allocation
CONCEPT TESTING (Test/Control, A/B)
Using concept/market testing models we help our customers evaluate short term rise in sales to take quick decisions for the future. Our experts use a robust match process for selection of appropriate controls followed by a statistical model that ensures other factors impacting sales are controlled.
WE CAN HELP YOU:
- Measure the impact of a campaign on Rx/Sales
- Analyze campaign performance by various segments
Sales forecasting for both in-line and launch brands for pharmaceutical companies is complex. AW’s approach ranges from simple to sophisticated forecasting algorithms depending on the product type, therapy area. For successful implementation, a good user interface coupled with solution testing and flexibility for model improvement are key to our forecasting capabilities.